A Protein Packed Snack

In my mission to eat less processed food and to make more homemade recipes I really wanted to make a breakfast/snack item that was quick and packed with protein.  I was leaning towards making dried granola but then I found on Pinterest a ton of different variations of a granola energy/protein ball.

BINGO! Just what I was wanting.

I sorta winged my recipe, patching it together from a few different ones I found online. I was very happy with how these turned out.
Ingredients:
2.5 cups of quick oats
1 cup of ground flax seed
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1/2 of dried fruit (I used cranberries)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolates
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. I used a cookie scooper to scoop the oatmeal goodness. Finally, place in the freezer for one hour.

To make mine easy and ready-to-go I bagged 3 balls per mini baggie and they are all just chilling in the freezer till I need them.
Per my calculations each ball is roughly 180 calories and 5 grams of protein and 21 grams of carbohydrates. I probably could find ways to make them less caloric and have more protein but this was a super quick recipe that I'm sure will become a regular.

0 comments:

Post a Comment