Muffin Challenge 2014

For the last several Saturday mornings I have made A. muffins.  They are a nice treat to wake up to and are a scrumptious breakfast to have during that week. Plus, a huge bonus is they are grab and go type of food.

I'm challenging myself to for the rest of 2014 to not repeat the same muffin recipe and to try new recipes.

Last week, I made a banana oatmeal muffin. Pretty dang tasty if I do say so myself.

The how-to:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients, set aside. In a large bowel beat eggs till lightly fluffy. Add in remaining wet ingredients. Combine with dry ingredients. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

Keep checking to see what recipe is created on the upcoming Saturday's...I'll post the good, not so good and the dang right delish!

What muffins do you love? Recommend?

7 comments:

Post a Comment